Monday, August 11, 2014

Manga Review~Pride & Prejudice by Stacy King & Po Tse

Title: Manga Classics: Pride and Prejudice
Editor: Stacy King
Illustrations by: Po Tse
Adapted from: Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
Publisher: Udon Entertainment
Pub Date: August 12th 2014
Pages: 376
Genre: Classics, Romance, Retellings
Links: Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Official Site

Synopsis: Beloved by millions the world over, Pride & Prejudice is delightfully transformed in this bold, new manga adaptation. All of the joy, heartache, and romance of Jane Austen's original, perfectly illuminated by the sumptuous art of manga-ka Po Tse, and faithfully adapted by Stacy E. King.

Rating: 10/10
Source: Netgalley

My Thoughts: I love Pride & Prejudice! And I love discovering things related to it! Mostly they have not disappointed me and this manga was no exception. I was weary of starting it though. I wasn't sure how I would feel about the story as a manga. I didn't know if the illustrations would do the characters justice. I needn't worry though because this adaptation was great!


The story was changed a little. Well not changed, but the minor, not-so-important stuff was removed. I was okay with that though. Other than that the story is the same as the original one.


I loved the illustration! It was so much like a manga but also kept the essence of the novel. The illustrations were very pretty and the characters were spot-on! I especially loved the little chibi drawings and manga style humor. It made me feel more like I was reading a manga and not a comic.


Overall I loved this! I enjoyed reading it very much and would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys manga and is also a fan of classics. People who haven't read Pride & Prejudice or found it boring will also enjoy this one because it is a very easy and light read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I really appreciate that you're commenting! I love comments! And trust me, I read and reply each and every one of them! So check back soon to see my reply!
Please don't use bad words. Don't curse or swear. And don't spam!
Thank you for commenting! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...